AQUACEL® Ag Burn
The right dressing can make a big difference.
Building on Hydrofiber® Technology, AQUACEL® Ag Burn dressings, with the added benefits of ionic silver, helps you:
- Minimise dressing changes and related pain1-5
- Reduce risk of infection*6-7
- Customise the dressing to patient needs with a variety of rectangular and glove sizes
AQUACEL® Ag Burn dressings offer wear times of up to 21 days (or until change is clinically indicated) and gently detach from the burn wound as it dries and heals.
Flexibility in dressing sizes and designs — including gloves — promotes patient mobility and satisfaction.
ConvaTec Hydrofiber® Technology gives AQUACEL® dressings powerful capabilities.
- Clinical Study Report CW-0508-06-A083: A Phase II, Non-Comparative Evaluation of Carboxymethylcellulose Silver Reinforced with Nylon in the Care of Partial Thickness Burns, July 2008.
- Caruso DM, Foster KN, Blome-Eberwein SA, et al. Randomized clinical study of Hydrofiber dressing with silver or silver sulfadiazine in the management of partial-thickness burns. J Burn Care Res. 2006;27(3):298-309.
- Armstrong SH, Brown DA, Hill E, Ruckley CV. A randomized trial of a new Hydrofiber dressing, AQUACEL®, and an alginate in the treatment of exuding leg ulcers. Presented at 5th European Conference on Advances in Wound Management; Harrogate, UK: November 1995.
- Barnea Y, Amir A, Leshem D, et al. Clinical comparative study of AQUACEL® and paraffin gauze dressing for split-skin donor site treatment. Ann Plast Surg. 2004;53(2):132-136.
- Kogan L, Moldavsky M, Szvalb S, Govrin-Yehudain J. Comparative study of AQUACEL® and Silverol treatment in burns. Ann Burns Fire Disasters. 2004;17(4):201-207.
- Walker M, Hobot JA, Newman GR, Bowler PG. Scanning electron microscopic examination of bacterial immobilization in a carboxymethyl cellulose (AQUACEL®) and alginate dressing. Biomaterials. 2003;24(5):883-890.
- Bowler PG, Jones SA, Davies BJ, Coyle E. Infection control properties of some wound dressings. J Wound Care. 1999;8(10):499-502.